None of these are verified: feel free to shoot them down, or use them in your defence as you wish.
1. The entire World population could be squeezed onto the Isle of Wight.
2. Bill Oddie’s religion forbids him from eating glass.
3. Some people think there really is a place called, “Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwerndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch”
4. You need a 13 mm spanner to undo an M8 bolt.
5. The circumference of the rim of a standard pint glass is just less than twice its height.
6. There are more water molecules in a glass of water than there are glasses of water on earth
7. An elephant’s penis weighs half a hundredweight.
8. Pacific Standard Time began last Sunday
9. 50 kilograms = 110.2311 pounds
10. 8 stone = 1 hundredweight
11. 1 hundredweight = 112 pounds
12. 20 hundredweight = 1 ton
13. The genus Dryandra should really be classified under Banksia according to some recent genetic research.
14. I have two shoulders. This is about average.
15. Diesel engines have not yet been tried in toothbrushes.
16. Fat neighbours are known as `weighbours’.
17. Water is actually very slightly blue.
18. Insurance companies cover damage to pipes from freezing and any subsequent water damage under two seperate insured perils. Frozen Pipes and Escape of Water. But they don’t cover frost damage because it’s a gradually operating cause.
19. If snow gats blown inside the roof cavity of your house then melts and causes the ceilings to collapse , your insurance company won’t cough up unless you are covered for flood damage.
20. There is no VAT on cakes.
21. Banana plants bears only one stem of fruit. To produce a new stem, only two shoots – known as the daughter and the granddaughter – are allowed to grow and be cultivated from the main plant.
22. 3% of all mammals are monogamous.
23. Technically speaking, the whale is not actually a fish.
24. If a sardine is more than four inches long then technically it’s a pilchard.
25. Women lose more calories faking an orgasm than actually having an orgasm.
26. In the US there is a bit of legislation officially listing lobsters as insects, to allow restaurants to cook them alive. This despite lobsters being genetically closer to humans then they are to insects.
27. Although 95% of the human genome is also shared with chimpanzees, we have 50% in common with a banana.
28. Except, according to recent research, for Manchester United supporters where the figure is near 65%
29. In the 6th century, the Three Chapters were an an attempt to reconcile the Monophysites with the Dyphysites following the failure of the Henotikon. The Three Chapters anathematised Theodore of Mopsuestia and Theodoret of Cyrus, as well as condemning the letter of Ibas to Maris.
30. The Great Wall of China is not visible from space.
31. Lemmings do not hurl themselves to their deaths in their thousands – nor even singly.
32. Velcro, Teflon, Carbon Fibre, and whole long list of things were not space spin-offs.
33. Every 4 years, monthly-paid staff have to work an extra day – for NOTHING!
34. A guyed tubular steel mast, which at 1,265 feet (385 m) is the tallest structure in the UK (and in the European Union) is in Lincolnshire.
35. Tallest freestanding structure in the EU, at 368.5 m (1209 ft) is in Riga.
36. The municipal borough of Richmond, Surrey, was the first local authority in England and Wales to commence a programme of municipal housing provision under the 1890 Housing Act.
37. Astronaut William Pogue thought he had seen the Great Wall of China from Skylab but discovered he was actually looking at the Grand Canal of China near Beijing. He spotted the Great Wall with binoculars, but said that “it wasn’t visible to the unaided eye.” US Senator Jake Garn claimed to be able to see the Great Wall with the naked eye from a space shuttle orbit in the early 1980s, but his claim has been disputed by several US astronauts. Chinese astronaut Yang Liwei said he could not see it at all.
38. Extremely low frequency (ELF) is the band of radio frequencies from 3 to 3000 Hz. ELF was used by the U.S. Navy and Soviet/Russian Navy to communicate with submerged submarines. This is because water over 20 metres deep is opaque to radio waves with higher frequencies.
39. If you didn’t have knees, you wouldn’t be able to sit down.
40. The barcode number for this bottle of vodka is 4 603400 000203
41. An aerial outdoors is known as an outdoor aerial.
42. Quantum Jump’s ‘The Lone Ranger’ was released in 1979.
43. More people in the UK own two cars than own two novels.
44. Bananas are very difficult to grow in Canada, which has nothing to do with nibbling beavers.
45. The hairs that grow on your bum are 50% wider than the ones that grow on your arm.
46. There is a part of your body that only exists if you are doing something.
47. Sir Francis Drake was NOT the admiral of the fleet that chased off the Spanish. That was in fact Charles Howard of Effingham.
48. Banana trees are not trees.
49. Peanuts are not nuts.
50. Tomatoes are not vegetables.
51. A cucumber is also a fruit.
52. I own my own pen.
53. Using hexadecimal(base 16) numbers you can represent the top and bottom 4 bits of an 8 bit number using 2 hexadecimal digits
54. Porridge exists.
55. The serial number of my left hand flange bracket is 345211-B
56. There are many colours in the world and I am just some of them.
57. There is not a Man in the Moon.
58. Gently cradling a strangers testicles is not an acceptable greeting anywhere in the European Union.
59. Female praying mantises can’t fly.
60. Fly paper is hard write on.
61. The spadefoot toad is the only amphibian that has a penis.
62. Homo sapiens is the only primate that does not have a bone in its penis.
63. Nature abhors a vacuum.
64. Cats abhor vacuums.
65. Field Marshal Montgomery’s grandfather wrote Eric, Or Little By Little
66. Michael Heseltine has become doddery.
67. The oldest known fossil penguin species is Waimanu manneringi which lived in New Zealand during the early Paleocene, about 62 million years ago.
68. Mrs Waimanu Manneringi says that rumours of her fossilization, are greatly exaggerated.
69. Despite all the westerns in which he appeared, Henry Fonda hated horses.
70. The Lybian flag is green. That’s it. Just green.
71. The state flag of Ohio is a swallow-tailed pennant.
Yakima Roofing helped create this list – check them out if your interested in roofing or construction.
Killer – Fact will be back soon with additional facts for you!